Crime

Second suspect jailed in May slaying of Macon man shot dead in car

Police car lights in night time, crime scene, night patrolling the city. Abstract blurry image. Photo by Getty Images This is a stock image downloaded from Getty Images. It is a Royalty Free image.
Police car lights in night time, crime scene, night patrolling the city. Abstract blurry image. Photo by Getty Images This is a stock image downloaded from Getty Images. It is a Royalty Free image. Getty Images/iStockphoto

A second man was charged with murder Wednesday in connection with the mid-May slaying of a man shot to death in a car at a north Bibb County apartment complex.

Bibb County sheriff’s officials in a statement said Terico Deshawn Little, 25, had been jailed on charges that include murder and aggravated assault in the shooting of 22-year-old Douglas Wilmale Stevenson.

Little, who was being held without bond, was pulled over by sheriff’s deputies in nearby Bleckley County early Wednesday and was arrested on outstanding warrants from Macon.

Little, of a Houston Avenue address, also faced shoplifting and probation-violation charges, officials said.

Kendarius Trevon Hill, 20, who was arrested a few days after Stevenson’s death, has also been charged with murder in the case.

Authorities have said Stevenson was killed the night of May 12 while in a car at River Walk Apartments at 5578 Riverside Drive, about a mile north of the Shoppes at River Crossing.

Sheriff’s officials here said in a statement at the time that “there was a large crowd near the 100 building when an altercation started, and shots were fired. Stevenson was pronounced deceased on scene from multiple gunshot wounds. No one else was injured.”

Investigators have not divulged publicly what may have prompted the shooting.

In summer 2014, Little was indicted on street-gang and multiple aggravated assault charges in connection with shooting at a house or houses in Macon, court records show. In his indictment on those charges, he was said to have been an associate of the “YNT” gang, which stands for “Young ‘n Thuggin.”

The following April, he pleaded guilty to one of the shooting charges and the gang charge and was sentenced to 10 years on probation as a first offender.

In March 2018, after violating his probation three times, Little’s probation was revoked and he was ordered to serve two years behind bars.

He was placed on probation again earlier this year in March, according to a new warrant for Little’s arrest issued just two months later, which alleged that he had not reported to his probation officer.

The date on that warrant was May 6 — six days before Stevenson was shot and killed.

This story was originally published August 5, 2020 at 4:20 PM.

Joe Kovac Jr.
The Telegraph
Joe Kovac Jr. writes about local news and features for The Telegraph, with an eye for human-interest stories. Joe is a Warner Robins native and graduate of Warner Robins High. He joined the Telegraph in 1991 after graduating from the University of Georgia. As a Pulliam Fellowship recipient in 1991, Joe worked for the Indianapolis News. His stories have appeared in the Washington Post, the Seattle Times and Atlanta Magazine. He has been a Livingston Award finalist and won numerous Georgia Press Association and Georgia Associated Press awards.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER