Man indicted, charged with rape, burglary of woman’s east Macon home
A 56-year-old Macon man was indicted Tuesday, charged with rape, aggravated sodomy and the alleged August 2014 burglary of a woman’s house on Training School Road in east Macon.
Joseph Clark, when representing Michael Anthony Glover at an April bond hearing in the case, said police didn’t find any evidence of forced entry at the woman’s house.
He went on to say that the woman and her alleged attacker shared a can of Sprite during a pause in the attack before the alleged attack resumed.
A woman identifying herself as the alleged victim in the case sent The Telegraph an email earlier this month refuting Clark’s version of the events, saying she never willingly shared the Sprite with her attacker.
Glover’s DNA matched evidence collected in a sexual assault kit performed on the woman, authorities have said.
Glover, who was held more than 90 days without an indictment, was granted a $100,000 bond at the April 28 hearing.
Despite having a bond, Glover still is being held at the county jail, according to jail records.
Information from Telegraph archives was used in this report.
Amy Leigh Womack: 478-744-4398, @awomackmacon
This story was originally published May 10, 2016 at 4:27 PM with the headline "Man indicted, charged with rape, burglary of woman’s east Macon home."