Crime

Former GBI agent accused of molesting three boys denied bond

WOODY MARSHALL/THE TELEGRAPH 
 Macon, Georgia, 11/1 1/2015: 
 Charles Woodall, 34, walks into court Wednesday. Bond was denied Wednesday for the former GBI agent accused of molesting three Macon boys.
WOODY MARSHALL/THE TELEGRAPH Macon, Georgia, 11/1 1/2015: Charles Woodall, 34, walks into court Wednesday. Bond was denied Wednesday for the former GBI agent accused of molesting three Macon boys. wmarshall@macon.com

Bond was denied Wednesday for a former GBI agent charged with molesting three Macon boys.

Charles Woodall, 34, was arrested in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Monday, but he has been transferred to the Bibb County jail to await trial.

Woodall didn't speak during the brief hearing in Bibb County Magistrate Court.

His lawyer, Charles Cox, requested a commitment hearing on Woodall's behalf. The hearing -- a time when investigators answer questions about why a person was charged with a crime -- is set for Nov. 25.

Speaking after the hearing, Cox said, "We're disappointed bond was denied," adding that he and his client are looking forward to the commitment hearing.

Woodall is charged with nine counts of child molestation, six counts of enticing a child for indecent purposes, one count of electronically furnishing obscene material to minors, and violating his oath of office.

Arrest warrants obtained by The Telegraph Wednesday said that Woodall's alleged illegal contact with one of the boys began in September 2005 and lasted until December 2008.

Charges relating to a second boy stemmed from alleged misconduct between October 2008 and October 2010. Allegations relating to the third boy were from September 2009 to February 2014.

The Macon Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office alerted the GBI to the case after residents reported to the prosecutors' office that they thought a crime might have happened.

Woodall resigned in lieu of termination last month during the investigation.

Based in the Milledgeville field office, Woodall had been an agent since December 2011.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the GBI at 478-987-4545.

To contact writer Amy Leigh Womack, call 744-4398 or find her on Twitter@awomackmacon.

This story was originally published November 11, 2015 at 6:04 PM with the headline "Former GBI agent accused of molesting three boys denied bond ."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER