Crime

DA: Former GBI agent accused of molesting three boys, violating oath of office

A GBI agent resigned in lieu of termination last month during an investigation into allegations he molested three young boys, Macon Circuit District Attorney David Cooke said during a Tuesday news conference.

Charles Woodall, 34, was assigned to the GBI's Miledgeville field office, said GBI spokesman Scott Dutton. He resigned last month.

Woodall is charged with nine counts of child molestation, six counts of enticing a child for indecent purposes, one count of electronically furnishing obscene material to minors and violating his oath of office, according to a GBI news release.

He was arrested Monday in Knoxville, Tenn. at his family's home.

Cooke described the allegations outlined in arrest warrants filed against Woodall:

Beginning in September 2005 and continuing until February 2014, Woodall allegedly touched the boys -- both with his hand and a sex toy.

He also is accused of furnishing pornography and showing it to them.

Woodall allegedly instructed one boy to ride in his car naked and drove them to his home where the misconduct occurred.

He's accused of violating his oath of office by committing the alleged sex acts after becoming an agent in December 2011.

Cooke said Woodall isn't related to the boys -- who were middle school-aged or older when the alleged sex acts began -- but they may have gone to church with Woodall.

The investigation began after concerned citizens alerted prosecutors that a crime may have occurred, he said.

"Based on what they told us I alerted the GBI and they began an investigation," Cooke said.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information about the case is urged to call the GBI at 478-987-4545.

This story was originally published November 10, 2015 at 3:20 PM with the headline "DA: Former GBI agent accused of molesting three boys, violating oath of office ."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER