Suspect ID’d in Macon bar shooting that left 3 dead. Arrest warrants signed.
The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office has identified a man accused of three murders in the shooting at Midtown Daiquiri Bar and Grill that left nine people wounded.
The sheriff’s office announced Thursday that a judge had signed arrest warrants for Muchman Bond III, 24. He will face three charges of murder for the deaths of Jedarrius Meadows Jr., 28; Javonta Faulks, 32; and Javarsia Meadows, 24. Bond was already in law enforcement custody in Columbia, South Carolina, Thursday on unrelated charges.
Six other people were injured in the shooting, which was reported to the sheriff’s office just after midnight on May 18. Those six were hospitalized. The sheriff’s office said last week that one victim was discharged from the hospital and the remaining victims receiving treatment were in stable condition.
“Bibb County Investigators are asking that if anyone has an additional information about this investigation, to contact the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office at 478-751-7500, or Macon Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-877-68CRIME,” the sheriff’s office said in a news release.
Midtown Daiquiri Bar and Grill was operating under a temporary alcohol license at the time of the shooting after prior incidents of underage drinking and selling without a license, according to Macon-Bibb County officials. Macon-Bibb County Mayor Lester Miller and Sheriff David Davis decided to have the temporary license pulled after the shooting, according to Chris Floore, chief communications officer for Macon-Bibb County.