Local

Iconic Warm Springs Bulloch House Restaurant lost in fire

WARM SPRINGS, GA. — An early morning fire has destroyed an iconic Warm Springs, Ga., restaurant.

The Bulloch House, known for its traditional Southern cooking and fried chicken, went up in flames Wednesday morning. Located in an old home in Warm Springs, the restaurant was a total loss, said Warm Springs Fire Chief Alfons Pynenburg.

"This is a huge loss," Pynenburg said Wednesday morning as he was still at the scene. "We have a lot of attractions in Warm Springs, but this was one of our claims to fame."

Officials were still on the scene Wednesday morning and were expected to be there most of the day as the remains were smoldering.

Read more here from the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

  Comments