Lighting adds interest to any landscape. Here are a couple of tips to remember as you start the planning process.
▪ Use only LED lights. They are now very affordable, last a long time and require very little electricity.
▪ Avoid using too many lights along paths, which could create a “runway look.”
▪ Transformers are smaller now. Use transformers made of steel for durability.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph
▪ Use only copper and brass light fixtures. They age beautifully and last a lifetime.
▪ Material you will need includes fixtures, wire, transformer, connectors and tools.
▪ “Path lights” point down and typically go along paths and walkways.
▪ “Up lights” illuminate your home, and also specimen trees.
▪ Spacing, what to accent and general knowledge of landscape lighting can be challenging, so get professional help if needed. We often do lighting designs for clients to make the process easier.
Never come home to a dark landscape again! Get landscape lighting installed today.