After nearly a decade, Alice Cooper brings a night of macabre to Macon
The last time rock legend Alice Cooper performed in Macon, he brought a spectacle to the Macon Coliseum over a decade ago, in October 2014.
But he returned to the Middle Georgia city Saturday evening for Maconites to once again experience the macabre chaos he is most known for, performing his hit songs like “Poison” and “I’m Eighteen.”
The show started at 7:30 p.m. with his song “Welcome to the Show,” after he used a sword on-stage to cut through what resembled the front page of a newspaper.
The newspaper depicted reporting of a fictional trial held against Cooper, who would be tried for his “deeds against humanity.” An announcer told Cooper before the concert started that he had been banned from Georgia for his crimes, before asking him how he pleads.
“Guilty!” Cooper said, eliciting screams from the Maconite crowd.
Fans of Cooper, such as Shady Dale residents Barby Byrd and Dagon Bytes, took the opportunity to dress up as Cooper and as Nurse Rozetta, a character based on his song “Nurse Rozetta.”
On his previous tours, Nurse Rozetta has appeared in his shows as the person who orders Cooper to get his head chopped off his body with a guillotine prop.
The very first time Cooper came to Macon was on July 10, 1977, when he performed at the Macon Coliseum as part of his “King of the Silver Screen” tour.
This story was originally published May 5, 2025 at 10:34 AM.