8 free shows to see at Central City Park this year (including a human cannonball)
You’ll find something for the whole family at Central City Park in Macon during the 2018 Cherry Blossom Festival, including shows, nightly concerts, amusement rides, shopping and exhibits. There’s food for everyone, including corn dogs, gyros, cotton candy, Italian ice, funnel cakes and more!
Open March 16-March 25
▪ Hours are 10 a.m.-10 p.m. every day
Getting into the Park
▪ Park location: 115 Willie Smokie Glover Drive, Macon, GA
▪ Parking is free during the festival.
▪ The only parking inside Central City Park is handicapped parking.
▪ Handicap parking: Handicap parking is located inside Central City Park. Enter at Willie Smokie Glover Drive and turn into the United Building parking lot on your right. You will see signs noting handicap parking spaces inside this parking lot.
▪ Park and walk: There are three park and walk locations near Central City Park. Two parking lots are located along Walnut Street, one lot is located along Seventh Street. There will directional signage and pink flags noting the park and walk locations.
▪ Park and ride: There are two park and ride locations with free shuttle service to and from Central City Park. The shuttle begins one hour before park open and ends one hour after park close. The shuttle is expected to run every 15-20 minutes. Park and ride locations are at the corner of New Street and Riverside Drive (843 Riverside Drive) and the Macon Coliseum (200 Coliseum Drive).
▪ No backpacks, pets or outside food and drink permitted.
Central City Park admission
▪ $5 per person; free for children 10 and younger
▪ Heroes Day is March 19. All active, retired, reserve and veteran military, Department of Defense civilian employees, firefighters, first responders and law enforcement with ID, as well as their immediate family will be admitted free. Pay-one-price unlimited midway rides for $10 with ID.
Presented by Drew Exposition.
▪ March 16: $20 pay-one-price unlimited midway rides, with $5 gate admission.
▪ March 17-18 and March 24-25: $25 pay-one-price unlimited midway rides, with $5 gate admission. (Must be purchased by 3 p.m. on March 17 and 24.
▪ March 19-23: $20 pay-one-price unlimited midway rides, with $5 gate admission
▪ March 19: Pay-one-price unlimited midway rides for $10 with ID for active, retired, reserve and veteran military, Department of Defense civilian employees, firefighters, first responders and law enforcement.
▪ Pay-one-price unlimited midway rides specials must be purchased at midway.