1. Hokie Hokie High: Virginia Tech needed a marquee win to get its season rolling in the right direction, and the Hokies got it Saturday night at Ohio State. Not many people are keeping an eye on the Hokies in the Coastal Division, but that would be unwise.
2. Road win for Yellow Jackets: Georgia Tech jumped to 2-0 with a nice win at Tulane. The Yellow Jackets host Georgia Southern on Saturday before jumping into conference play Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech.
3. Panthers on top: Pittsburgh has the early lead in the Coastal Division after an impressive win at Boston College on Friday. James Conner had 214 yards rushing to lead the Panthers' attack.
4. Undefeated week: The rest of the conference schedule was made up of some bad games. At least there weren't any bad losses, with North Carolina coming close to suffering a setback.
5. Another conference milestone: Louisville, which opened its first ACC season with a win over Miami on Labor Day night, plays its first conference road game against Virginia on Saturday. The Cardinals have looked strong in their 2-0 start.