1. Hitting the road: Georgia Tech plays its first road game of the season with another winnable contest. After holding off Wofford in the opener, the Yellow Jackets continue through their manageable non-conference schedule at Tulane.
2. Ready to defend? Florida State's players and coaches said all the right things during the offseason about trying to repeat as national champions and then went out and struggled a bit against Oklahoma State. The Seminoles host The Citadel on Saturday.
3. ACC opener: Pittsburgh was impressive, albeit against Delaware, while Boston College knocked off UMass. The two former Big East foes meet as ACC opponents on Friday night in Boston.
4. Hokies' first test: Virginia Tech opened with a 34-9 win over William & Mary, but things should get tougher for the Hokies as they play at Ohio State on Saturday night. It could be a chance for Virginia Tech to prove it's "back."
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph
5. Mid-major Saturday: The rest of Saturday's slate leaves a lot to be desired: South Carolina State at Clemson, Richmond at Virginia, Old Dominion at N.C. State, Gardner-Webb at Wake Forest, Florida A&M at Miami, Murray State at Louisville, Duke at Troy and San Diego State at North Carolina.