1. Division title up for grabs. Virginia Tech travels to Virginia on Saturday, and the winner will claim the Coastal Division title. The Hokies were picked by most to win the division before the season, but the Cavaliers have really come out of nowhere. Virginia, however, has beaten Florida State and Georgia Tech in its recent surge.
2. Struggling Tigers. Clemson has lost two of its past three games since an 8-0 start, and the Tigers really should have lost three straight as they were lucky to beat Wake Forest. Clemson has to regain its focus against rival South Carolina this week with the ACC title game looming next week.
3. It's ACC-SEC week. The conference has four matchups this week with SEC teams: Georgia Tech vs. Georgia; Clemson vs. South Carolina; Florida State vs. Florida; and Wake Forest vs. Vanderbilt.
4. Rivalry games but bad matchups. Maryland and N.C. State face off while Duke plays North Carolina. At least the Wolfpack and Tar Heels have a bowl situation to play for.
5. Friday tilt. Miami hosts Boston College as it tries for its seventh win of the season. That has to be considered a success for Al Golden's first season in a trying situation.
1. Virginia Tech
3. Georgia Tech
5. North Carolina
2. Florida State
3. Wake Forest
4. N.C. State
5. Boston College
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Boston College at Miami
Time, TV: 3:30 p.m., ABC, Friday.
Records: Boston College 3-8, 2-5 ACC; Miami 6-5, 3-4.
Series record: Miami leads 23-4.
Last meeting: Boston College won 28-14 in 2007.
Georgia at Georgia Tech
Time, TV: Noon, ESPN.
Records: Georgia 9-2, Georgia Tech 8-3.
Series record: Georgia leads 61-37-5.
Last meeting: Georgia won 42-34 in 2010.
Maryland at N.C. State
Time, TV: 12:30 p.m., WGXA-ABC.
Records: Maryland 2-9, 1-6; N.C. State 6-5, 3-4.
Series record: Maryland leads 32-31-4.
Last meeting: Maryland won 38-31 in 2010.
Virginia Tech at Virginia
Time, TV: 3:30 p.m., ABC.
Records: Virginia Tech 10-1, 6-1; Virginia 8-3, 5-2.
Series record: Virginia Tech leads 50-37-5.
Last meeting: Virginia Tech won 37-7 in 2010.
Vanderbilt at Wake Forest
Time, TV: 3:30 p.m., ESPNU.
Records: Vanderbilt 5-6, Wake Forest 6-5.
Series record: Vanderbilt leads 7-6.
Last meeting: Wake Forest won 34-13 in 2010.
Duke at North Carolina
Time, TV: 3:30 p.m., Fox Sports South.
Records: Duke 3-8, 1-6; North Carolina 6-5, 2-5.
Series record: North Carolina leads 57-35-4.
Last meeting: North Carolina won 24-19 in 2010.
Florida State at Florida
Time, TV: 7 p.m, ESPN2.
Records: Florida State 7-4, Florida 6-5.
Series record: Florida leads 33-20-2.
Last meeting: Florida State won 31-7 in 2010.
Clemson at South Carolina
Time, TV: 7:45 p.m., ESPN.
Records: Clemson 9-2, South Carolina 9-2.
Series record: Clemson leads 65-39-4.
Last meeting: South Carolina won 29-7 in 2010.