This is how my ballot looked this week:
4. Kansas State
5. Notre Dame
6. Oregon State
8. Ohio State
11. Southern California
12. Texas Tech
13. Florida State
14. South Carolina
16. Mississippi State
18. Texas A&M
20. West Virginia
22. Boise State
24. Louisiana Tech
- No need for many changes this week. Cincinnati, which lost to Toledo, was the only team to drop out. (The Bearcats were No. 23 on my ballot last week).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph
- Michigan moved into my poll. Ohio and Louisiana Tech inched up a spot.
- Also considered: Texas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Duke, Toledo.
- I did slightly alter my top five: Kansas State shifted ahead of Notre Dame, on the strength of KSU's road romp at West Virginia. I would have put K-State higher, but Florida was impressive too. In fact, you could make an argument for any of those teams between No. 2 and No. 4.
- Georgia moved up one spot on my ballot, moving ahead of two teams that dropped (Texas A&M and West Virginia), but also being leapfrogged by Mississippi State. The other Bulldogs are unbeaten, and Georgia's win obviously wasn't too impressive. The record of the teams the Bulldogs have defeated this year is now 11-27. Beat Florida next week, and Georgia turns everything around.