Education

Smoke triggers alarm at Houston County High

The Warner Robins Fire Department responded to an alarm at Houston County High School triggered by smoke in a storage room between two classrooms Wednesday morning.

The fire department received a call shortly before 9:30 a.m., said Warner Robins Assistant Fire Chief Randy Davis.

An overheated motor in a heating and air conditioning unit caused about three inches of smoke to collect near a ceiling in the storage room, according to Sgt. Porter Wood, school liaison officer.

School maintenance personnel later disconnected the wires to the unit, Davis said.

Students and staff were evacuated from the school for about 22 minutes, and no one was harmed, according to Principal Sherri Freeman.

  Comments