Warner Robins police released Tuesday its annual designated parking list and other useful tidbits for the Independence Day Celebration.
▪ Demon Valley Drive will close at 3 p.m. Friday to all vehicular traffic.
▪ Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for the event in the parking lot of the McConnell-Talbert Stadium. The stadium itself won’t be open to protect new turf on the football field.
▪ The three gates into the event are off Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, South Davis Drive and the South Davis Drive pedestrian bridge.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph
▪ Joe Nichols, the 2003 winner of the Academy of Country Music award for New Male Vocalist of the Year, headlines concert. His special guest is Warner Robins native Colby Dee, a vocalist who has appeared in music videos with Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton and others.
Dee is expected to take the stage at 7:20 p.m., according to a Warner Robins police Facebook post correcting the event time.
▪ Fireworks are expected to begin about 10 p.m.
▪ Designated parking areas include Union Grove Baptist Church’s field, Pearl Stephens School, Rumble Academy, Sacred Heart Catholic Church Complex, Robins Federal Credit Union, Middle Georgia State University, Commercial Circle and the city’s Municipal Complex.
▪ C.B. Watson School will serve as a handicapped and VIP parking only, while Warner Robins High School will serve as a pickup and dropoff area.
Telegraph archives were used in this report.
Independence Day Celebration in Warner Robins
Location: McConnel-Talbert Stadium’s parking lot
Gates open: 5:30 p.m.
Concert starts: Opening act expected to take the stage at 7:20 p.m.
Fireworks: Expected about 10 p.m.
Road closure: Demon Valley Drive closes at 3 p.m.
Source: Warner Robins police