Houston & Peach

Fort Valley fire ruled accidental

FORT VALLEY — A fire that heavily damaged a long-standing Fort Valley business earlier this week is believed to have been caused by water getting into the electrical panel box, Fort Valley Fire Chief Otis Daniel said Wednesday.

The fire was ruled accidental, Daniel said.

Fire Capt. Tony West said firefighters battled the blaze late Monday night into early Tuesday morning.

The machine shop has been in business for probably at least 50 years, he said.

Insurance adjusters were at the business at 105 Wilson St. on Wednesday, West said.

  Comments