WARNER ROBINS — A fire gutted a single apartment Tuesday in the Cedar Pointe Apartment complex at 135 Ignico Drive, a firefighter said.
Adjacent apartments suffered smoke and water damage, said Assistant Chief Curtis Haslem of the Warner Robins Fire Department.
The fire was called in at 6:30 a.m. by the resident, who was able to get out of the apartment unharmed, a 911 operator said. The fire was out by 7:45 a.m.
The fire was caused by leaving cooking food unattended, Haslem said. The resident told authorities that he was frying chicken, went to the bathroom and when he came back, there was a fire, Haslem said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph