PERRY — The Perry City Council met in a called meeting Tuesday and voted to approve $19,250 in funding to design a corporate taxi lane at the Perry-Houston County Airport.
The Georgia Department of Transportation will pay $255,000, or 75 percent of the costs. Houston County and Perry were responsible for the remaining 25 percent. The Houston County Commission voted to allocate $19,250 for the project at their Dec. 16 meeting.
The airport authority approached the City Council about the funding at its Dec. 16 meeting, but the City Council delayed the action to find a source for the funding. The money for the project will come out of the city’s restricted capital account.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.