If you're headed to Friday night's 5A high school state championship football game, eight locations have been designated for parking.
The Warner Robins High Demons take on the Rome High Wolves at McConnell-Talbert Stadium, the Demons' home field. A coin toss determined where the championship game would be played after bad weather postponed the game last week at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
Stadium gates open at 6 p.m. for prior Mercedes-Benz ticket holders with a ticket or ticket stub. Ticket sales at the admission gates start later at 6:45 p.m. based on seating availability at $20 per person.
Here's where to park, according to a Warner Robins police news release:
1. McConnell-Talbert Stadium. There is no reserved parking;
2. C.B. Watson Primary School in the front parking lot only;
3. Shoppette area/soccer field to the rear of the stadium;
4. Pearl Stephens Elementary School;
5. Robins Federal Credit Union;
6. Middle Georgia State College;
7. Sacred Heart Church in the south parking lot only;
8. Rumble School.
Avoid parking on sidewalks and blocking driveways, fire hydrants and public utilities, police warn.
Additionally, parking off the roadway is also prohibited on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, South Davis Drive and the Peachtree Circle neighborhood.
Warner Robins police warn that motorists who ignore the parking restrictions will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
Charter bus parking will be at C.B. Watson Primary School’s bus parking located in the rear of the school.