A 23-year-old Laurens County man died in a house fire early Monday on Rex Miller Road.
Kenyardo Breshawn O’Neal was found in a bedroom of the home, said Laurens County Fire Chief Don Bryant. An autopsy is expected to be conducted at a GBI crime lab.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area, but a definitive cause may be hard to determine because of the extent of the damage from the fire, Bryant said. Unattended cooking is a possibility, he said.
Firefighters, who were dispatched at 1:12 a.m., found the home fully engulfed in flames.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Other agencies that are part of the fire investigation include the state Fire Marshal’s Office, Laurens County Sheriff’s Office, East Dublin Fire Department and the Laurens County Coroner’s Office, Bryant said.