Local

Macon toddler burned after lighting shirt on fire

A 3-year-old Macon boy sustained second-degree burns after a cigarette lighter set his shirt ablaze Thursday afternoon, according to the Macon police.

Sgt. Zac Self said investigators have ruled the fire was accidental.

The boy was taken to The Medical Center of Central Georgia where he was treated and released, he said.

The boy’s mother told the police she was in the bathroom when she heard her daughter scream, according to a police report released today.

Arriving in the living room, the mother saw the boy’s shirt was on fire. She used a towel to extinguish the flames, according to the report.

  Comments