South Bibb Christmas tree farmer loves lighting up the faces of customers.
It’s no secret the holiday season can be stressful, from finding the right gifts to entertaining extended family. The last thing you should have to worry about is where to find the perfect Christmas tree. Here is a list of six places in Middle Georgia where you can find Christmas trees.
- Hamlin Hills Farm — Just up Interstate 75, Hamlin Hills is known for its seasonal events. This holiday season, the farm will be selling Fraser fir Christmas trees. Trees, which range in height from 3 to 15 feet, go on sale Thanksgiving Day and will be available until sold out, sometime in mid-December. Hamlin Hills will be open 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. 477 Dames Ferry Road, Forsyth, 844-386-3276, www.hamlinhills.com
- Roberts Christmas Tree Farm — At Roberts Christmas Tree farm, you can choose and cut your own tree with saws provided. The farm has been growing Christmas trees for over 41 years and offers Leyland, Murray, blue ice and Carolina sapphire cypress trees. Trees are on sale now until Dec. 22. The tree farm is open 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily, including Thanksgiving. 9247 Peach Parkway, Byron, 478-956-5325, www.robertschristmastreefarm.gacta.com.
- Sandy Creek Christmas Tree Farm — Located just 20 minutes away from Macon’s city center, Sandy Creek offers up to six different types of trees to choose from this holiday season, from the classic Fraser fir to the Thuja green giant. You can pick out your tree now through Dec. 17. The farm is open 10 a.m. until dark, seven days a week. It will also be open Thanksgiving Day. 6013 Hammock Rd, Macon, 478-361-5114, www.sandycreekchristmastrees.gacta.com.
- Klaus Christmas Trees — A husband and wife own this tree farm in Culloden. Klaus Christmas Trees sells Leyland, blue ice and Carolina sapphire cypress, Virginia pine and red cedar trees shaped into a Christmas tree. All trees are $30. Starting Friday, the farm will be open 9 a.m.-7 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until Dec. 17. 4684 Ga. 83 South, Culloden, 478-994-3380, www.facebook.com/klauschristmastrees.
- Our Cotton Pickin’ Christmas Tree Farm — Opening on Thanksgiving Day, Our Cotton Pickin’ Christmas Tree Farm is a family-run farm with lots of things to do while you pick out your tree. On weekends, you can sit around a campfire and roast marshmallows, kids can pet and feed ponies and adults can sit on the front porch and enjoy the view. They also have a tiny train and fire truck for more kid-friendly entertainment. This year the farm will be selling Leyland, Carolina sapphire and blue ice cypress, as well as a large selection of Fraser firs. You can cut your own or get some help. The farm will be open 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily until Dec. 23. 120 Cordele Hwy, Hawkinsville, 478-230-3646, www.ourcottonpickinchristmastreefarm.com
- Holland’s Farm — Another choose and cut your own tree farm, Holland’s Farm sells Christmas trees up through Dec. 24 for the procrastinators out there. You can bring your own saw or chainsaw, or the farm can provide one for you. Holland’s Farm is open now, every day from 9 a.m. until dark, including Thanksgiving Day. 2037 Jeff Davis Road, Thomaston, 706-648-3947.