After a hearty Thanksgiving Day meal with loved ones, thoughts turn to shopping for many folks and maybe a trip to a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm.
If your family has that road trip in mind, here’s a sampling of tree farms across Middle Georgia where you can find that perfect tree. We suggest calling the phone numbers listed to make sure the farm is open during the time you’re planning to go.
▪ Double "B" Farms Christmas Trees, 8511 Knoxville Road, Lizella. Phone: 478-935-8742. Directions: From Macon (Interstate 475): travel west on U.S. 80 (Eisenhower Parkway) 3.2 miles. Turn left on Knoxville Road, for 2.7 miles. Open: Tuesday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
▪ Southern Christmas Tree Farms, 3452 Pateville Road, Cordelle. Phone: 229-938-4049. Open: until Christmas daily, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
▪ Boggy Branch Farms, 2130 Hobbs Road, Dexter. Phone: 478-875-4139. Directions: Go 1 to 2 miles north of Ga. 338 from Dexter, turn left at fork (Lord Dexter Road). Watch for signs. Open: beginning Thanksgiving Day. Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday 1:30-6:30 p.m. Weekdays: 5-6:30 p.m.
▪ Hamlin Hills Farm, 477 Dames Ferry Road, Forsyth. Phone: (844) 386-3276. Open: beginning Nov. 23. Hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. daily. Directions: 477 Dames Ferry Road, Forsyth. Exit 185 off Interstate 75.
▪ Klaus Christmas Trees, 4684 Ga. 83 S., Culloden. Phone: (478) 994-3380. Alternate phone: (478) 538-8495. Open: every Friday, Saturday, Sunday till dusk, beginning Nov. 25. Directions: From Macon (about 30 minutes): take Ga. 74 (Mercer/Thomaston Road) west toward Thomaston, about 20 minutes. Turn north onto U.S. 341, go about 3 miles, then veer right onto Ga. 83. Farm is on the right in 4 miles. From Forsyth (about 10 minutes): From I-75 take Exit 187 onto Ga. 83. Follow Ga. 83 southwest through town. From town proceed 8 miles. Farm is on the left.
▪ Roberts Christmas Tree Farm, 9247 Peach Parkway (Ga. 49), Byron. Phone: 478-956-5325. Directions: On Ga. 49 South, 2 miles from I-75 exit going toward Fort Valley. Open: daily through Dec. 23, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
▪ Sandy Creek Christmas Tree Farm, 5889 Hammock Road. Phone: 478-738-3935. Alternate phone: 478-741-7369. Directions: From Macon, take Ga. 57 East 6.5 miles. Turn right on Hammock Road. It’s 2 miles to the farm on right. Open: daily 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
▪ Holland's Farm, 2037 Jeff Davis Road, Thomaston. Phone: 706-648-3947. Directions: Thomaston north on U.S. 19 to Flash Foods at light, west on Jeff Davis about 4 miles. Farm is on left. Open: till Christmas Eve, Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to dark; Sunday from 1 p.m. to dark.
▪ SSS Farms, 701 West Moores Crossing Road, Thomaston. Phone: 706-647-8440; 706-656-0965 Open: Thanksgiving Day, 9 a.m. Monday through Friday, noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday 1-6 p.m.