News

Crawford family loses home, pets in fire

A Roberta family lost their double-wide mobile home and two dogs in a fire Monday morning at 2782 Hortman Mill Road.

Crawford County Fire Chief Randall Pate said a passerby noticed the fire and alerted authorities at about 7:40 a.m.

“It’s a total loss,” Pate said. “It looks to me like it started in a walk-in closet.”

While the three members of the family were not at home at the time of the fire, their two Chihuahuas were found dead in a bathroom.

“The fire department got them out and we buried them,” Pate said.

The American Red Cross was on hand to assist the family, he said.

  Comments