The Macon-Bibb County Fire Department evacuated the Kroger supermarket in Baconfield for about 20 minutes due to a reported gas leak shortly before 9 a.m.
Store employees and customers were ordered to leave the building as firefighters searched for the source of the leak, which ended up being a propane tank that was accidentally left in the buffer mode. An Atlanta Gas Light crew also was called to the scene.
Come back to macon.com for further developments.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.