An apartment fire left a mother and her three children homeless Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out just before 11 a.m. at Oak Ridge Apartments on Riverside Drive near Bass Road.
Macon-Bibb County firefighters say the fire was accidentally caused by a short in the power cord for a fan. The fire was contained to the bedroom with the fan although heat and smoke damaged the rest of the downstairs apartment.
Three adjoining apartments sustained minor smoke damage.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
No one was injured.