Education Together is a collaboration between The Telegraph and an array of community partners to provide needs-based educational scholarships to high school seniors in Middle Georgia. The renewable annual awards will defray the cost of higher education or technical college at designated colleges and universities in Middle Georgia. To read more about the partners, click here. To apply, click here.
To provide college scholarships to graduating seniors of public or private high schools or homeschooled students in Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach and Twiggs counties who are enrolled at a technical school, college or university in Central Georgia.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Telegraph
- Must be a graduating senior at a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach or Twiggs County.
- Must be accepted to and planning to enroll at a university, college, or accredited technical school in Central Georgia. Eligible schools include Central Georgia Technical College, Fort Valley State University, Georgia College & State University, Georgia Military College, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University, and Wesleyan College.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Positive record in academics, community service, or service to others.
- Preference will be given to first generation college students.
The selection committee shall make the recommendation of the scholarship recipient(s) to the Community Foundation of Central Georgia for fund disbursement. The scholarship disbursement shall be made directly to the educational institution(s) for the benefit of the scholarship recipient(s).
The Selection Committee is comprised of a representative from The Telegraph and two representatives from the Community Foundation of Central Georgia.
Scholarship Amount: $10,000.00 total. $2,500.00 per year for up to four years.
Number of Awards: 15-18 per year
RENEWAL FOR PRIOR RECIPIENTS
A prior recipient of the Education Together Scholarship Fund is eligible to renew each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career (up to four years total). In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain enrollment as a full time student at Central Georgia Technical College, Fort Valley State University, Georgia College & State University, Georgia Military College, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University, or Wesleyan College.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
If a recipient faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding. The scholarship selection committee will evaluate these cases on an individual basis.
May 15 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
HOW TO APPLY
You will need a User ID and Password to access the online application at www.cfcga.org/spectrumwebportal. The information required to complete the online application is outlined below for your convenience. Please visit www.cfcga.org/EducationTogether for more information.
As part of the online application process applicants will be asked to upload the following:
- Current submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report indicating the value of the applicant’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner.
- The name and email address of a teacher, coach, or mentor willing to submit a letter of recommendation on behalf of the student.
If you experience technical difficulties or need assistance, please contact the Community Foundation of Central Georgia at (478) 750-9338, Ext. 101 or email@example.com.