1. XLII, New York Giants 17, New England 14: The Patriots looked like they would easily complete their perfect season at 19-0, but Eli Manning, Plaxico Burress and a dominant Giants defense had other ideas.
2. XLIII, Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 23: Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald and the Cardinals put on a great show, but Ben Roethlisberger, Santonio Holmes and the Steelers were just a little bit better in a back-and-forth exciting affair.
3. XXIII, San Francisco 20, Cincinnati 16: The Bengals tried their best to pull off the big upset, but Joe Montana and Jerry Rice led the 49ers down the field for the game-winning drive with Montana hitting John Taylor with 39 seconds left for the winning touchdown.
4. XXXIV, St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16: Kevin Dyson probably still has nightmares about coming up 1 yard short as time expired. Mike Jones made the game-saving tackle for Warner, Dick Vermeil and the Rams.
5. XIII, Pittsburgh 35, Dallas 31: Two of the NFL’s showcase franchises met for the second time in a Super Bowl with Terry Bradshaw’s four touchdowns overcoming Roger Staubach’s pair of scoring throws.
6. XXV, New York Giants 20, Buffalo 19: The Giants were underdogs to Jim Kelly and the high-flying Bills, but Bill Parcells’ team used a ball-control offense to grab the lead and held on when Scott Norwood missed a 47-yard field goal wide right.
7. XXXVI, New England 20, St. Louis 17: The Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era took off with the Patriots as Adam Vinatieri nailed a 48-yard field goal as time expired against the heavily favored Rams.
8. XXXVIII, New England 32, Carolina 29: Vinatieri did it again, this time with the Patriots favored against a feisty Panthers team that put up a terrific fight.
9. XXXII, Denver 31, Green Bay 24: John Elway had always come up short in Super Bowls, but with plenty of help from Terrell Davis, the iconic quarterback got his first Super Bowl ring and kept the Packers from winning two straight.
10. XLVII, Baltimore 34, San Francisco 31: The Ravens stormed to a big lead and looked like they would coast to their second Super Bowl title. But the 49ers recovered and put up a furious comeback, which fell just short with four shots at the game-winning score in the final minutes.