1. Key home game: Georgia Tech is coming off a tough loss to Pittsburgh, but the Yellow Jackets (10-7, 1-3) get a chance to bounce back at home when they host Miami (9-7, 1-3) on Saturday.
2. First-place showdown: Pittsburgh and Syracuse have had an immediate impact on the conference in their first year in the ACC. They're both 4-0 in the conference entering their game Saturday at Syracuse. Pittsburgh is 16-1 overall, and Syracuse is 17-0.
3. Getting on track?: Duke sits at 13-4 overall but has stumbled to a 2-2 start in the conference. The Blue Devils host N.C. State (11-6, 1-3) on Saturday. North Carolina has struggled even more than Duke, sitting at 10-6, 0-3. The Tar Heels host Boston College (5-12, 1-3) on Saturday.
4. Surprise contender: Clemson was picked to finish 14th before the season, but the Tigers are 3-1 in the conference. Clemson (12-4) hosts Wake Forest (12-5, 2-2) on Saturday.
5. Other weekend games: Virginia (12-5, 3-1) hosts Florida State (12-4, 3-1) on Saturday, while Notre Dame (10-7, 1-3) hosts Virginia Tech (8-8, 1-3) on Sunday.