Some story lines to watch this weekend in the A-Sun.
1. Showdown Sunday: The Mercer Bears take a 7-4 record into their game with the Mississippi Rebels. It's the next-to-last non-conference game of the season for the Bears before they jump into A-Sun play. Mississippi is 8-2.
2. Showdown Sunday, II: Kennesaw State has struggled out of the gate again, but it gets a chance for some national spotlight with a trip to Indiana on Sunday afternoon.
3. Plenty of momentum: USC Upstate has a tough game Saturday at Charlotte, which is 7-3. But the Spartans (6-5) likely are feeling good about themselves after their win over South Carolina on Thursday.
Never miss a local story.
4. Needing some momentum: After starting the season with a 4-1 record, Florida Gulf Coast has stumbled to a 1-5 stretch. The Eagles host Florida A&M on Sunday.
5. Home cooking: East Tennessee State has won four straight home games entering Saturday's game with Austin Peay. The Bucs are 5-6 overall and 4-2 at home.