1. Big-time blowouts: Florida State beat Idaho 80-14, while North Carolina also scored 80 in against Old Dominion. Georgia Tech only scored 66 (in a 66-7 win over Alabama A&M) after scoring 52 points in the first half.
2. Tajh goes out in style: Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd wrapped up his home career by completing 21-of-28 passes and five touchdowns against The Citadel.
3. Blue Devils keep rolling: Duke improved to 9-2 with its seventh straight win, 28-21 over Wake Forest.
4. Last-play heroics: Boston College beat Maryland with a long field goal by Nate Freese on the final play of the game, although he got two chances at it because Maryland head coach Randy Edsall called a timeout right before Freese missed his first try.
Never miss a local story.
5. Bowl-eligible bowl: Pittsburgh became bowl-eligible with its win over Syracuse while the Orange have one more game to get there.