1. Not distracted: Despite some nearly year-old off-field problems that popped up during the week, Jameis Winston clearly was focused for Florida State, completing 19-of-21 passes for 277 yards in a 59-3 drubbing of Syracuse.
2. They're No. 2: Clemson can't catch the Seminoles in the Atlantic Division or play in the ACC championship game, but the Tigers are clearly second in the conference. They dominated Georgia Tech from the start to finish 7-1 in the conference, with that lone loss being a blowout to FSU.
3. Not just a cute little story: Duke has a good football team, and it's time people realized that and took notice. The Blue Devils are 8-2 overall and 4-2 in the conference after blowing out Miami. They control their destiny in the Coastal Division. Oh, and David Cutcliffe is one heck of a coach.
4. On a roll: North Carolina was sitting at 1-5 just four weeks ago after a four-game losing streak. But the Tar Heels have responded with four straight wins, and they have a chance to become bowl eligible.
Never miss a local story.
5. Keep on cruising: Andre Willliams' terrific season at Boston College might have hit its high point with 339 yards on the ground against N.C. State. The Eagles' star runner has 1,810 yards and is a big reason Boston College is bowl eligible.