1. Division clinched: It was pretty much a given Florida State was going to win the Atlantic Division title after its blowout win over Clemson a few weeks back. The Seminoles clinched it, officially, with another blowout, this time at Wake Forest. Florida State is clearly the class of the ACC and just might have the best team in the nation.
2. Division up for grabs: The Coastal Division, on the other hand, is wide open. Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Duke and Miami all have two conference losses, while North Carolina and Pittsburgh are one loss back with three. The next few weeks are going to be fun.
3. How's that Hokles?: Virginia Tech had lost two straight to Duke and Boston College, but the Hokies righted the ship by dominating Miami. The Hokies might have the best shot in the division with lowly Maryland and Virginia left on their schedule.
4. Dynamic Duke: The Blue Devils, however, have the upper hand on the Hokies with their head-to-head win. Duke hosts Miami and then travels to Wake Forest and North Carolina to wrap up the regular season. The Blue Devils already have seven wins and are looking at another bowl trip.
Never miss a local story.
5. Struggling Terps: Maryland wanted to make a statement in its final ACC season, but the Terrapins are making the wrong one. They are 5-4 overall, sure, but they are 1-4 in conference play, and all of those losses have been blowouts. Losing 20-3 to Syracuse at home has to be the low point, right?