1. Noles on a roll: Florida State has two wins over teams that were ranked in the top 10 when it played them. Not only did the Seminoles win those games, they blew those teams (Clemson and Miami) off the field. It would be hard to see anyone beating Florida State in the regular season or the ACC title game as it makes its case for a spot in the BCS championship game.
2. Tough luck for Canes: Miami suffered the difficult loss to Florida State, and that will be hard to move on from, but the Hurricanes could get another shot at the Seminoles if they win the Coastal Division. That got lot tougher Sunday with the announcement that standout running back Duke Johnson is out for the season with a broken ankle.
3. Tigers back on track: Tajh Boyd and the Clemson offense got rolling again against Virginia on Saturday. Boyd is now 4-0 against teams from his home state of Virginia (3-0 against Virginia Tech and 1-0 against Virginia).
4. Streaky Jackets: Georgia Tech has two three-game winning streaks this season sandwiched around a three-game losing streak. The Yellow Jackets' defense was the key in the team's win over Pittsburgh.
Never miss a local story.
5. Hokie Hokie low: A couple of weeks ago, Virginia Tech looked like a threat in the Coastal. But losses to Duke and Boston College have stopped that talk. Quarterback Logan Thomas continues to struggle (he has 11 touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season).