1. The real deal: Redshirt freshman Jameis Winston proved to be up to the task as Florida State faced its first real test at Clemson. The atmosphere and big-game setting were not too big for Winston, who was poised in the pocket and on top of his game as the Seminoles dismantled the Tigers.
2. Not a one-man show: The Seminoles were dominant in all aspects of Saturday's win. They were too physical for the Tigers, and the speed difference in the game was alarming, Florida State debuted in the BCS standings at No. 2 and looked Saturday like it deserved that ranking (and maybe even the one above it).
3. Back to work: Clemson lost to Florida State last year and went on to win 11 games. That has to be the focus this season for the Tigers. They can't let their embarrassing performance against the Seminoles carry over into the rest of the season.
4. Nice response: Georgia Tech was bad for three straight weeks dropping to 0-3 after opening the season with three wins. But the Yellow Jackets took out their frustrations with a 56-0 rout of Syracuse. Everything was clicking for Georgia Tech.
Never miss a local story.
5. London in trouble: Mike London could be coaching for his job at Virginia. The Cavaliers are 2-5 after blowing a 15-point lead against Duke. Virginia led 22-7 at the half but was outscored 28-0 in the second half.