1. The slump continues: After starting the season with three straight wins, Georgia Tech has lost its past three games. The Yellow Jackets' once promising season now looks like it could end up in shambles.
2. Hokies are in it: Virginia Tech isn't doing much on offense, but the Hokies' defense has been dominant, and that continued with another strong performance against Pittsburgh. The Hokies are 3-0 in conference play and 6-1 overall.
3. Last stand: Maryland was an original member of the ACC, but it's leaving for the Big Ten after this season. The Terrapins are enjoying their final trip through the conference with a 5-1 start, including 1-1 in conference play, getting their first win over Virginia.
4. It was a struggle: Clemson never really could put away Boston College because of some sloppy play on offense, but the Tigers' defense has been strong throughout this season. And it was really good against the Eagles throughout Saturday's game, including putting the game away with a fumble return for a touchdown.
5. Good omen for Boston College: It looks like the Eagles will win their next game. After all, each team Clemson has defeated has won the next week. Syracuse continued that with an impressive road win over N.C. State in its first-ever ACC road game.