1. Bump in the road: Georgia Tech rolled through its first three games, including its first two ACC games, but the Yellow Jackets have stumbled the past two weeks, losing to Virginia Tech and Miami. Things don't get much easier this week with a non-conference trip to BYU.
2. Making a statement: Maryland entered Saturday's game with Florida State ranked and undefeated. The Terrapins got a hard lesson that they're not ready for the big time as the Seminoles rolled up 63 points and 614 yards of total offense.
3. Nice trip north: Syracuse wanted to make some noise in its conference debut, but the real noise came from Clemson and quarterback Tajh Boyd. The senior threw for 455 yards and five touchdowns, and Clemson's improving defense kept the Orange in check.
4. Under the radar: Virginia Tech is one of the country's top programs. But this year's Hokies aren't getting much attention. Still, they're 5-1 overall and 2-0 in the conference after beating North Carolina. The Hokies haven't been really impressive, but they keep winning.
Never miss a local story.
5. Nice win for Wake: Wake Forest sat at 1-2 after a home loss to Louisiana-Monroe, but the Demon Deacons have won two of their past three games, beating N.C. State in impressive fashion Saturday to get to .500.