1. First adversity: Florida State coasted through its first three games with no trouble. But the Seminoles faced some adversity for the first time at Boston College when they trailed 17-3. They responded nicely with a 48-34 win. Yes, it's just Boston College, but it was an impressive recovery for the Seminoles, who are 2-0 in conference play.
2. Terrific Tajh: There has been a lot of talk about Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd being "off" this season. But the senior had another strong game against Wake Forest, passing for 311 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 69 yards and another touchdown. Boyd still hasn't thrown an interception this season.
3. Tech has questions: Georgia Tech rolled into its game against Virginia Tech on Thursday with a 3-0 record, but Paul Johnson kept saying the team had problems. Those showed up in a loss to Virginia Tech as the Yellow Jackets had three turnovers and struggled to run the ball, which Georgia Tech just can't happen.
4. Hokies back?: Virginia Tech stumbled into Thursday's game with ugly wins over East Carolina and Marshall, but now they're 4-1 overall and 1-0 in conference play as they head into the meat of their schedule.
5. ACC ready: Pittsburgh was handled pretty easily by Florida State in its season opener, but the Panthers have responded with nice conference wins over Duke and Virginia. Pittsburgh is 3-1 entering its off week coming off consecutive 6-7 seasons.