1. Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets got off to a strong start to their toughest stretch of the season with an impressive performance against Duke. The easy win on the road to open ACC play comes with conference games against North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Miami up next.
2. Wow, Winston: Florida State redshirt freshman quarterback Jameis Winston is ... pretty good. Granted, it came against Pittsburgh and Nevada, but Winston is 40-for-45 passing for 570 yards and six touchdowns in his first two games.
3. Edsall's revenge: Randy Edsall's current team, Maryland, got the best of his former team, Connecticut. Edsall's Terps only won four games last year, but they already have won three this season.
4. Deacons' demise: Remember when we talked a few weeks ago about how the ACC had avoided any bad losses? Well, not so much. Wake Forest lost to Louisiana-Monroe at home. That is ... bad.
5. Orange needed that: Syracuse started its season with a couple of tough losses to Penn State and Northwestern, and yes, Saturday's win came against Wagner. But it was still a win, and that's enough for the Orange right now. They host Tulane on Saturday before an off week, and then comes their ACC opener against Clemson.