1. Georgia Tech can win ugly. The Yellow Jackets' offense struggled against Maryland, at least compared to their first five games. But Georgia Tech did just enough on offense and played pretty well on defense to get its sixth win of the season.
2. Clemson's fans can breathe a sigh of relief. There was a fear that quarterback Tajh Boyd tore up his knee when he went down with an injury against Boston College. It did look bad, but it turns out it was just a bruised hip. He should be ready to play this week at Maryland.
3. Florida State is in some trouble. What has happened to the Seminoles? This was going to be the season that the Seminoles turned things around. But it's just more of the same, and they have lost three straight games.
Never miss a local story.
4. Logan Thomas bounced back for Virginia Tech. A week after struggling mightily against Clemson, the Hokies' quarterback was dynamic against Miami and led the Hokies to a game-winning drive in the closing minutes.
5. Wake Forest looks to be for real. The Demon Deacons are 3-0 in the ACC for the first time ever, and they pretty much dominated Florida State on Saturday. They get a shot at Virginia Tech this week.
1. Georgia Tech
2. Virginia Tech
3. North Carolina
2. Wake Forest
3. Florida State
5. Boston College
6. N.C. State
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Miami at North Carolina
Time, TV: 12:30 p.m., WGXA-ABC.
Records: Miami 2-3, 0-2 ACC; North Carolina 5-1, 1-1.
Series record: North Carolina leads 8-6.
Last meeting: Miamin won 33-10 in 2010.
Florida State at Duke
Time, TV: 3 p.m., Fox Sports South.
Records: Florida State 2-3, 0-2; Duke 3-2, 1-0.
Series record: Florida State leads 16-0.
Last meeting: Florida State won 25-6 in 2010.
Georgia Tech at Virginia
Time, TV: 3:30 p.m., ESPNU.
Records: Goergia Tech 6-0, 3-0; Virginia 3-2, 0-1.
Series record: Tied 16-16-1.
Last meeting: Georgia Tech won 33-21 in 2010.
Virginia Tech at Wake Forest
Time, TV: 6:30 p.m., No TV.
Records: Virginia Tech 5-1, 1-1; Wake Forest 4-1, 3-0.
Series record: Virginia Tech leads 23-11-1.
Last meeting: Virginia Tech won 52-21 in 2010.
Clemson at Maryland
Time, TV: 7 p.m., ESPNU.
Records: Clemson 6-0, 3-0; Maryland 2-3, 1-1.
Series record: Clemson leads 31-26-2.
Last meeting: Clemson won 31-7 in 2010.