A look around Major League Baseball’s NL East race today.
Washington 3, Atlanta 2
Philadelphia 6, N.Y. Mets 4
Never miss a local story.
Atlanta at Philadelphia, 7:05 p.m.
Washington at N.Y. Mets, 7:10 p.m.
Miami at San Diego, 10:10 p.m.
Washington Nationals 10-5
▪ Ryan Zimmerman had a two-run homer to lead the Nationals past the Braves on Thursday.
▪ Stephen Strasburg (2-0) allowed two runs, six hits and two walks in seven innings while striking out 10.
Miami Marlins 8-7, 2 GB
▪ The Marlins reinstated shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria from the disabled list Thursday.
New York Mets 8-8, 2.5 GB
▪ Yoenis Cespedes limped off in the fifth inning Thursday against the Phillies with a pain in his left hamstring and said he might be out a few days.
▪ Noah Syndergaard struck out the side in the first and started the game with 11 straight strikes.
Atlanta Braves 6-9, 4 GB
▪ Atlanta went 4-3 on its first homestand at SunTrust Park.
▪ R.A. Dickey (1-2) gave up three runs and three hits in seven innings Thursday against Nationals.
▪ Matt Kemp came off the 10-day disabled list and struck out three times.
Philadelphia Phillies 6-9, 4 GB
▪ The Phillies took two of three at Citi Field after losing six straight series to the Mets.
▪ Maikel Franco ended a 0-for-22 skid Thursday against the Mets.
Around the Division
Mets are letting Jose Reyes work his way out of the slump.
Phillies finally got the most of the Mets.
Some big names are teaming up make a bid for the Marlins.