ATHENS -- Eight players, including a transfer from UAB, have enrolled at Georgia for the spring semester for the football program, the school confirmed Monday.
The list includes six high school prospects, one junior college transfer and linebacker Jake Ganus, who was UAB's leading tackler last season. Ganus will have one year of eligibility at Georgia, and is expected to receive a waiver from the NCAA to play right away.
The junior college transfer is Chuks Amaechi, another inside linebacker, who was at a junior college in Arizona.
Here are the six high school seniors who enrolled:
Never miss a local story.
- Defensive lineman Johnathan Ledbetter from Tucker, who was once committed to Alabama.
- Defensive end Natrez Patrick from Atlanta.
- Defensive end Michael Barnett from Dorchester, S.C.
- Tight end Jackson Harris from Columbia, Tenn.
- Safety Jarvis Wilson from Tupelo, Miss.
- Safety Johnathan Abram from Columbia, Miss.