1. The Tide keep rolling: Alabama passed another big test with a blowout win over LSU on Saturday, pulling away for a 21-point victory after the game was tied in the second half. LSU put up a bit of a fight, but the Crimson Tide are just too strong for that to really threaten them.
2. Auburn gearing up: Auburn has to be one of the true surprises of the college football season, moving to seventh in this week's BCS standings. The Tigers face rivals Georgia and Alabama the next two weeks, and they control their destiny in the Western Division with a chance to do something really special.
3. Gurley is key: Todd Gurley is the key to Georgia's success. Check out Seth Emerson's story on that fact here. If Gurley plays and is healthy, the Bulldogs have a much better team, and they're counting on that to close the season.
4. Mushamp's seat is hot: Florida is 4-5 overall and 3-4 in the conference, has lost to Georgia three straight years and lost to Vanderbilt for homecoming Saturday. The Gators travel to 10th-ranked South Carolina on Saturday and still have to play Florida State, which looks like the best team in the country. Those two games look like losses and trouble for head coach Will Muschamp.
Never miss a local story.
5. Manziel magic: Johnny Manziel played possibly his final home game Saturday against Mississippi State and passed for five touchdowns and 446 yards. Understandably, the Aggies fans were chanting for him to stay for one more season.