1. Shaw leads the way: Most of the focus on the South Carolina football program is on defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, and that's fine. He's a great player. But quarterback Connor Shaw proved again Saturday who is the heart and soul of the Gamecocks team. With his team trailing 17-0 to Missouri, a banged-up Shaw came off the bench to lead a stunning comeback and force overtime. In overtime, Shaw completed a fourth-and-goal pass for a tying touchdown, and the Gamecocks won in the next overtime.
2. Bama keeps rolling: Alabama beat Tennessee for the seventh straight year, its longest winning streak in the series. The Crimson Tide have outscored their past six opponents 246-26.
3. Manziel looks good: There was some question if Johnny Manziel would play Saturday against Vanderbilt. He did, and he played well, throwing for four touchdowns in an easy win.
4. Easy night for Tigers: Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall was knocked out of the game, but that was the only real trouble for the Tigers against Florida Atlantic in a 45-10 win. The Tigers, who won three games last year, are 7-1.
5. Not as easy a night for these Tigers: LSU pulled away for a 48-16 win over FCS team Furman. But the Tigers led only 20-16 at halftime and had to work a little harder than they probably would have wanted to for the win.