I was cleaning out my tape recorder on Friday, and after saving a few noteworthy interviews on my laptop, I thought I'd post a few of them here. A bit of a summation of the season, in audio form. Or at least interview form.
This is by no means comprehensive: For instance, no audio after the win over Florida, which I'm sure many of you would like. But this is the best of what I still have on file.
(Disclaimer: I apologize for it not being perfect audio, whether it be locker room background noise or strange rattling sounds.)
- Shawn Williams' instant classic: The "playing soft" rant. Notice how he pretty much disregards the first question so he can get to what he wants to say. (I'm gonna miss the guy.)
Never miss a local story.
- Mike Bobo talks on the Tuesday before the Buffalo game. It's interesting to see what the feeling was before the season began.
- And then Todd Grantham on the same day, previewing the opener and the season - and talking about Malcolm Mitchell's ability to be a "dynamic corner."
- Todd Gurley speaks after his big debut against Buffalo. And speaks very softly.
- Following the "old man football" comments by Missouri's Sheldon Richardson, Georgia receiver Michael Bennett offers his response - leading to a humorous back-and-forth.
- Jarvis Jones talks after his monster game at Missouri.
- Grantham speaks before the Vanderbilt game, doing his best to pretend the storyline with James Franklin doesn't exist.
- Mark Richt's press conference following the debacle in Columbia.
- And Sanders Commings talks outside the locker room at South Carolina, after the loss. His first answer turns out to be quite prescient.
- Aaron Murray after the SEC championship game.
- Chris Conley after the SEC championship game.
- And finally, Jarvis Jones speaks on Aug. 7, previewing his season.