This list shows Middle Georgie projects Gov. Sonny Perdue has proposed funding for in fiscal year 2010. The state would borrow money to build these projects.
Universities, colleges and technical colleges*:
- $1.26 million for nursing equipment at Gordon College in Barnesville.
- $13.4 million to design and construct renovations at Huntington Hall, Ohio Hall and Isaac Miller Science Building at Fort Valley State University.
- $9.83 million to renovate Ennis Hall at Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville.
- $500,000 to renovate and equip Georgia Hall at Middle Georgia College in Cochran.
- $20.1 million to build a teacher education building at Macon State College.
- $800,000 for infrastructure and renovations at the University of Georgia campus in Griffin.
- Design and build a new Center for Health Sciences at Central Georgia Technical College in Milledgeville.
- Design and build a new Medical Technology Building at Griffin Technical College in Griffin.
* There are also a line items for $70 million for various repairs statewide, $10 million for "science-based economic development" equipment and infrastructure, $21 million for technical projects nearing completion statewide, $14 million to replace obsolete technical college equipment statewide and $20 million for technical college repairs and renovations statewide.
- $1.15 million to design and build the Jeff Davis Public Library in Hazelhurst.
- $2.43 million to replace roof and natural gas line at Central State Hospital in Milledgeville.
- $360,000 to design and build phase 2 of the Department of Veterans Service cemetery expansion in Milledgeville.
- $505,000 for renovations to the Wood Building at the Georgia War Veterans Nursing Home in Milledgeville. This sum will match federal funds.
- $315,000 for electrical improvements at the Vinson Building at the Georgia War Veterans Home in Milledgeville. This sum will match federal funds.
- $15.65 million to complete the Georgia Department of Corrections' headquarters and training academy relocation to Forsyth.
- $1.38 million to convert Baldwin State Prison to a mental health prison in Milledgeville.
- $450,000 for public restrooms at the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter in Perry.
- $380,000 to expand the McGill Building at the fairgrounds and agricenter in Perry.
- $600,000 for a new parking lot at the fairgrounds and agricenter in Perry.
* There are also line items totaling $15 million to construct and repair Department of Corrections facilities statewide, $5 million for DOC security upgrades statewide, $11.11 million for construction and repairs statewide for the Department of Juvenile Justice, $1.5 million for Americans with Disabilities Act improvements statewide, $3.5 million for new equipment and repairs for the Georgia Forestry Commission, $5 million for repairs to unnamed state parks, $3 million to bring dams into compliance with the Georgia Safe Dams Act, $1.25 million to renovate state farmers markets statewide, $45 million statewide to fund water and sewer construction loan programs.
Other non-Middle Georgia notables:
- $25 million for a new conference center and oceanfront public park on Jekyll Island.
- $49.8 million for a new parking deck at the state Capitol.
- $10.75 million for something called "continued implementation of the integrated tax system" and an "enterprise data warehouse" at the Department of Revenue.
- $35.3 million for the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority to buy buses, build park-n-ride lots and administer a grant program on various state routes.
- $36 million to deepen / expand the Savannah harbor.
- $26 million for a special collections library at the University of Georgia.
- $43 million for a learning commons at Georgia Tech.
- $31.2 million for an academic facility at Gainesville State College in Hall County.
- $14 million to design and build Don Carter Park in Hall County.
- $13.6 million for a new Oakwood Diagnostic Laboratory Facility for the Georgia Poultry Improvement Association in Hall County.