Monday Morning Trivia has returned from a three-week sabbatical, just in time to urge procrastinators to hurry and file their income taxes. (Present company included.)
1. Which famous Hawkinsville artist had his paintings hung in President Jimmy Carter’s White House in the 1970s?
(A) James Brown. (B) Billy Bob Brown. (C) Buster Brown. (D) Butler Brown.
2. Where is the traditional citywide Easter sunrise service held in Macon each year?
(A) Fort Hill. (B) Coleman Hill. (C) Pleasant Hill. (D) Forest Hill.
3. Which renowned Macon golfer appeared in The Masters at Augusta National five times as an amateur, finishing in the top 24 in 1952?
(A) Chi Chi Rodriguez. (B) Arnold Blum. (C) Bubba Gump. (D) Tiger Forest.
4. Macon and Bibb County have had a consolidated government since the beginning of the year. What Georgia city was the first to approve consolidation?
(A) Columbus. (B) Albany. (C) Sandy Springs. (D) Newnan.
5. Name the Georgia city that holds a “Yellow Pollen Street Festival” every spring.
(A) Culloden. (B) Soperton. (C) Hampton. (D) Lilly.
6. Rock Eagle, outside of Eatonton, often is used for summer camps by which national youth organization?
(A) 4-H. (B) Boy Scouts. (C) Girl Scouts. (D) Little League.
7. Which of the following is NOT true about the late Paul Anderson of Georgia?
(A) He won an Olympic gold medal in weightlifting and was once dubbed the “world’s strongest man.” (B) He walked on a high wire across Tallulah Gorge. (C) His feats of strength included driving a nail through two boards with his thumb and lifting a platform with eight men on top. (D) He opened a home for troubled youth in Vidalia.
8. Which Middle Georgia county does NOT have shoreline along Lake Sinclair?
(A) Putnam. (B) Hancock. (C) Baldwin. (D) Twiggs.
9. Which area mill town was once known as the “Tire Cord Capital of the U.S.”?
(A) Payne City. (B) Thomaston. (C) McIntyre. (D) McIn-tire.
10. When do gardeners across Middle Georgia traditionally plant their first tomato vines?
(A) Good Friday. (B) Black Friday. (C) Mother’s Day. (D) Cinco de Mayo.
ANSWERS: (1) D. (2) B. (3) B. (4) A. (5) C. (6) A. (7) B. (8) D. (9) B. (10) A.
REPORT CARD: (9-10) Full refund. (7-8) Itemized deductions. (5-6) Turbo taxed. (3-4) Do not pass “Go.” Do not collect $200. (0-2) Audited.
Reach Gris at 744-4275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.