The Sun News

The Sun News

GOSS: Maximizing Social Security

This is the fifth article in a series that will help you answer the question “Can I afford to retire?” I get a lot of questions about Social Security, so I want to cover a few things for you to consider before you apply. If you visit the website www.ssa.gov, you can click on “My Social Security” and create a user name and password. This allows you to see your most current benefit projection, which will tell you what you could receive if you started taking your benefit early at age 62, at full retirement age, or at age 70. What it does not show you is how a married couple can maximize their benefits.

Macon Things To Do

Macon Deals

Today's Circulars

Search Jobs

Enter Keyword(s)

Enter a City

Enter a State

Write a Letter

Write a letter

We welcome letters. Go to our Submit a Letter page to draft your letter. Please include your first and last name, your address and a daytime phone number. We edit for brevity, clarity, grammar and accuracy. Letters cannot exceed 250 words and often run shorter. We can't acknowledge unused letters. Letters to the editor are the exclusive property of The Telegraph and macon.com. Letters are published online and in print.