A 46-year-old man died of smoke and soot inhalation in a Tuesday night apartment fire in Warner Robins.
Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin said the death was ruled accidental after an external exam Wednesday by the medical examiner.Kenneth Johnson of Warner Robins died at Houston Medical Center where he was taken after the 7:30 p.m. fire Tuesday at his apartment in the Cedar Pointe complex at 135 Ignico Drive.
He was found lying in the living room and kitchen, where he likely succumbed during an attempt to flee the fire, said Warner Robins fire Capt. James Franklin.
Johnson had been smoking cigarettes and caught the couch on fire in his apartment, authorities said.
Never miss a local story.
No one else was injured, and only the victim’s apartment was damaged.