A 3-year-old Kathleen boy was released from The Children’s Hospital at The Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon after an apparent accidental overdose on prescription medication Sunday morning, according to the Houston County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators think the child overdosed on 15 to 25 pills that were left within his reach between 10 and 11 a.m., said Cpl. Danny Glass with the Juvenile Division of the Houston County Sheriff’s Office and lead investigator in the case. The incident is thought to be accidental, and no charges are expected at this time.
Glass did not know what kind of medication was involved in the case, which is still under investigation. He did not release the child’s name.